Image Map

April 21, 2011

Thanks to all of you checking in on me!

Have you ever wondered why you don't realize you need rest until you actually rest? Like when I don't know I am hungry until I bite into something and then eat like it's my last day to experience taste buds.

And apparently I did not know I have needed a rest from the B-L-O-G.  I spell it because the thing can just loom over me like this beckoning addiction that I can't shake. I even began noticing my camera was filling up with photos of crafts and less and less were of my precious girls and family. Yikes.

So something needed some adjusting and that something was my priorities.

I then did things I had neglected because the spinning wheels in my brain are always concocting some sort of SOMETHING to make.  So I folded the laundry that I rewashed 3 times because I kept forgetting it was still in the washer and rejoiced that said clothes finally graduated to the dryer. 

I also found my dining room table under oodles of fabric, scissors, and yarn with some home school papers thrown in for good measure.

I have played doll house and tea party. We even have had front yard picnics where I got some photos...

I have even watched many a concert that included a barbie guitar, a tambourine, and some maracas. With high heels and some fancy dresses.  It was a delightful symphony of sounds. And I would not want to have missed it for the world.
I planted flowers (and the girls helped) in my front yard like vincas, pentas, and zinnias.
 All different shades of pink of course.
And also becasue we apparently totally dig flowers that end in AS. 
OK.  I just reread that line and I SO did not mean to make that funny but it ended up funny.  
Read it out loud. 
See?  Funny.  
The backyard has only A-S flowers too.  Azaleas.  Begonias. No, wait!  We planted Jasmine too!  HA! 

OK.  Enough already.

So I have been enjoying my hiatus to just live my life. Today we had a sweet little Easter party at my daughter's school where they hunted for resurrection eggs and heard the whole story of Easter.  It was so touching to watch their reactions to this bittersweet message of love and sacrifice.

Also, for those of you who are new to my blog...our family hit a kind of crossroads last summer when my husband lost his job.  So many of you have been amazing as we have traveled this unknown road.  My husband is still unemployed but today he had an amazing interview and we are really hoping this is the one.  We probably won't know for a few weeks but if you think of it...please pray. 

So now I prepare for this gala that will take place next weekend. I am still unsure about what I am going to do as I am hosting a table.  I have a zillion ideas and plan on implementing them but nothing ever ends up the way I originally plan it.  So next week will be a bunch of tutorials while I create a tablescape using thrifty ideas to make it affordable. We can see how to turns out together! :)
So tune in next week!  And thanks for hanging in there with me while I have been blessed by everyday, ordinary (that is actually extraordinary) life!  I love that all of you are a part of my life and bless me so much!

So again...hugs to all you friends and especially those of you who sent emails to just say hi and see how I was doing.  It warmed my heart and I am thankful for everyone of you that read this blog and encourage me!

I will be back soon! :)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had some much needed time with your girls! I know how that can be...I too sometimes feel as though the blogging world consumes me!! If I'm not making a post...I'm working on a project for a post, taking pics for a post, editing pics for a posts! Gah!! Its exhausting sometimes!! We all need a blog vacation from time to time! Love all of your new flowers! Your flower beds are going to look amazing! Also looking forward to your Spring tablescape!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of your girls. The best time is when you spend it with your family.
    Blogging does take an enormous amount of time and it is addictive.
    Just wanted to come by say hello and to wish you a very Happy Easter
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging does take up so much time and can consume you. Glad to see you took some time off and have adorable photos to share. Enjoy the Easter holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your doing well! Praying that he gets the right job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness... your house is so beautiful, warm, welcoming, and charming looking!! The pictures of the girls are just the sweetest.

    I envy the weather and the clothing... we are still pretty cruddy here. It's been rough. Thankfully it will be 60 and sunny tomorrow. It's been in the 40s and raining every day... and it's almost May. :( enough on that...

    Happy Easter to you and your family. Have a wonderful day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I had been meaning to do this for a while - but I just added you to my sidebar. I hope that's okay.
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this one. Loved seeing an update on your real life. Praying for this job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to see you're back. i kept checking and seeing the looped chandelier and thinking, wow, she has NEVER gone so long without a post! i know what you mean about blogging. sometimes my husband will tell me to put down the camera and just play. hooray for flowers and picnics and concerts! can't wait for the crafts.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!